Paulo is the MD of our Portugal office and has been assisting international families and businesses for more than 25 years. In particular he helps with holding structures for companies and properties as well as immigration.
1. Who are your clients?
Businessmen, businesswomen and entrepreneurs.
2. How do you support them?
By replying to their queries and being around to support them when required.
3. What are your client's priorities?
Privacy, confidentiality, good business planning and strategy, business structuring.
4. Why is Portugal's Golden Visa programme so popular?
It is fairly cheap to obtain when compared to other jurisdictions. Portugal has a very stable environment and it is a safe and peaceful country.
5. What do you think are the advantages of doing business in Portugal?
We have a very stable environment, very little criminality and genuinely welcoming and friendly natives. The cost of living is manageable with very low inflation.
6. What do you think are the opportunities for Portugal in the coming years?
I think the opportunities are in real estate investment as property prices are low compared to major cities and there are some tax breaks for people deciding to move to the country, like the Non-Habitual Resident Scheme. You can find out more about the scheme here.
7. What is the best thing about your job?
Meeting new clients, understanding their business and what makes them tick.
8. What advice would you give your younger self?
Work hard, play hard and take advantage of genuine opportunities.