The scheme provides the option to acquire Portuguese nationality and, therefore, an EU Passport, in six years.
It is designed for non-European Union citizens undertaking an investment activity either as individuals or through a company established in Portugal. Once issued, the Golden Visa will be valid for an initial period of one year and then will be renewed for subsequent periods of two years.
These individuals can apply for a Residence Permit for Investment, by fulfilling one of the routes detailed below:
- Capital transfer to Portugal of a minimum €1 million
- The creation of a minimum of 10 jobs
- The purchase of real estate property with a minimum value of €500,000
- The purchase of real estate property, built at least 30 years ago or located in an urban regeneration area, for refurbishment purposes, with a minimum value of €350,000
- Investment of a minimum €350,000 in research undertaken by public or private scientific research institutions involved in national scientific or technological research
- Investment of a minimum €250,000 in artistic creation or supporting the arts, reconstructing or maintaining the national heritage and culture
- Investment of a minimum €500,000 in shares placed in investment funds or in venture capital, geared to capitalise small and medium companies in Portugal which must have a viable capitalisation plan in place.
To read more click here.